Sat, Jul 15|
Copper K Fiber Festival
Round Reed Basket Weaving ~ Michelle Andrus
This workshop is an introduction to weaving a simple basket. In the class you will learn basic basket construction and weave your very own basket Saturday July 15, 2023, 9am - 4pm
Time & Location
Jul 15, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM MDT
Copper K Fiber Festival, 786 Point of Rocks Rd, Whitehall, MT 59759, USA
About the event
Round Reed Basket Workshop is an introduction to weaving a simple basket. In the class you will learn basic basket construction and weave your very own basket. The class will have hands-on instruction, live demonstrations and tips for successful basket weaving. No prior basket weaving knowledge is needed, just the desire to weave a basket. We will talk about adding color to the reed and embellishments to your baskets. You will complete a small to medium basket and receive a “goodie-bag” with additional reed, and instruction booklet, that will include everything you need to continue your basket making “obsession” at home.
- Skill Levels – Beginner / No experience is needed
- What do I need to bring to the class? – Here are the items to bring:
• Small Needle Nose Pliers
• Darning Needle -Metal
• Strong Scissors – Make sure they are sharp.
• 2- Dish Towels – we will be working with WATER
• Optional: Apron **Note: Please do not feel that you have to go and buy any new tools, these should be
items you have at home, and if not, we can share during the workshop..
- What will the teacher provide - Enough Round Reed to complete 2 to 3 small to medium baskets. A complete instruction booklet, resources, tips and tricks, live demonstration, personalized hands-on help and guidance, and a goodie-bag filled with fun swag.
Round Reed Basket Weaving
Workshop at Copper K Fiber Festival